Your trip to Alcatraz departs on a ferry from Pier 33. The ferry across the San Francisco Bay takes about 10 minutes.
To reach the Cell House, you walk from the wharf up the steep hill on the old service road. The Cell House is at the top of the island. Along the way, you can stop and visit exhibits, see a variety of buildings that were used for various prison uses, and enjoy the views. Access: SEAT (Sustainable Easy Access Transport), is available for wheelchair users and visitors with a mobility need who are unable to walk up the quarter mile, 12% grade hill. Another option is to walk along the Agave Trail. The trail begins near the ferryboat landing on the east side of Alcatraz Island and continues to the southern tip of the island. The Agave Trail passes through a protected bird sanctuary and features beautiful plants and flowers. This trail offers fabulous views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The 35-minute audio headset tour of the Alcatraz cell block is a real highlight (for those who purchase the ticket that includes the Audio Tour). This tour is available in six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. During the tour, you will hear stories from former inmates and prison guards as you walk through the cellblock. After the Cell Block tour, there is time to see all the sites around the island and visit the Alcatraz museum and bookshop.
Ferries depart approximately every half-hour back to San Francisco. You are free to stay as long as you like. Average time spent is 2 to 2 1/2 -hours.
• Alcatraz Cruises Tour
• Combined excursion to Muir Woods and Sausalito.
• Exploring the giant redwood sequoia trees at Muir Woods
• Shopping and browsing in Sausalito, California's prettiest town
• Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
• Comfortable Tour Bus
• Pick-up and drop-off from central San Francisco hotels
• FREE wireless on board tour vehicle
Departure Times: 9AM
Duration: 6 to 8 hours. Exact timing will depend upon departure times for Alcatraz tickets provided by the National Park Service for the date of your tour.
Payment: All tours must be prepaid. You may reserve and pay online with confidence as we use secure servers and process tens of thousands of transactions online annually.
Alcatraz Tour Cancellation Policy & Terms
• Your order does not guarantee availability of tickets. Alcatraz tickets are often sold out for specific dates and times. Your order is not confirmed until you receive a second email from us advising that the order has been placed and confirmed. You will receive two emails from us; the first will confirm that your order was placed and your credit card was charged. It is the second email that will confirm the availability of the tickets and that the tickets were secured for you.
• Alcatraz tickets sell out very quickly and often far in advance. If tickets for the date and/or time you need are not available, your order will automatically be canceled and your money refunded.
• No Refunds or Changes:
• Face value of Alcatraz Ticket is $35
o There are absolutely no refunds on Alcatraz tickets, unless tickets are not available for the date and time you requested.
o There are no exchanges or refunds after a ticket has been purchased or for lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets. So once you buy a ticket, that's it -- no changes at all.
o There can be no changes on Alcatraz tickets. Once you have purchased the tickets that are it. You have tickets for that date and time, and we are unable to change the date or the time.
o Tickets shall be null and void and of no value unless utilized by the customer on the date and time on the tickets.